- When did you discover your love for writing?
I used to read my father’s books. And I started dreaming to have my own book published someday.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
Different prompts on social media.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite authors and books?
Yes. I do like reading. Be it a newspaper, my curriculum books, fiction stories, suspense novels, or just an articles or a blog which seems comfortable from the title.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? Poetry as it creates a sense of self satisfaction in me. Also I get to use different forms and varied vocabulary which inspires me to write more and more.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. I have been the mc during schooling days and also college days. But left since three years. But yes would love to participate again if given a chance.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
Firstly the title, theme, no. Of pages offered, publisher,. Submission or publication fees, certificate and social media platform, other writers views etc. Also if I have already entered the same type before, I would choose to avoid it.
How you come across “Voices From The Society” Anthology?
Through my Facebook friends.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
Yes but not now.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
Reading, playing musical notes on Casio and watching movies.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
Reading is never a waste. Grab any book of your interest. Note down at least five new words. Start using them in your day to day conversation. Do write something on daily basis. Keep writing and keep inspiring.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
Never underestimate yourself. Feel free to write whatever comes to your mind. Show it to your loved ones and ask them what did they understand.Read it like a third person. You will yourself find your mistakes and correct them.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
It was wonderful. All the promises were truly met with.
So that was Rashi Goel. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck in all her future writings.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.