- When did you discover your love for writing?
It all started when I was in my graduation.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
During initial months or in the beginning, writing helps me to express my emotions. Later I started admiring Tamil verse writers, I used to enjoy their work, no exact person to tell.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and authors?
Yes, I would start with my mother language Tamil. Sujatha, S.Ramakrishnan, Jeya Mohan and Pithumai Pithan they are some fantastic Tamil authors, my earlier inspiration. Then in English, Tolstoy’s short stories, Jhumpa Lahiri’s works are my top favourite. I also love the poetry of Emily Dickinson.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? Poetry, because it’s helps me to express my feelings with the help of paragraphs, in a short way I can tell a complete story. Short story as well, it’s really amazing because the one line theme can be weaved into an entire tale from our imagination. Our real life incident can be used and put with small alternative forms.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. No, I have not participated in Open Mics and I am not into this platform.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
Once I read the anthology title, something should comes into my mind through image or theme. So if I get any calling I would start my dream on it.
How you come across “Voices From The Society” Anthology?
I received that message, that was the time where I got into identity crisis in my new profession. So, it was like stress free solution to me. It was my first work in English, I felt comfort to think out my problem. I was very happy to write and think about it always. After the publication I realized the enlightenment for writing. Now I can say that writing has sparked something new in me, thank you.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
Yes, I am planning for a Poetry book. I have started working on it, wrote five poems for that. I will become a writer and I would take my world into reality.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
Teaching and travelling. Now I am learning Parathanatyiyam. If God permits I will dedicate my life to art.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
Yes, every writer has something to tell, when you read the book just get into my world and feel my feelings. In this world, only you can get happiness and joy with books and arts. Don’t miss that.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
Don’t expect for awards, welcome both compliments and criticisms. It’s my opinion. Not all are born great authors, not all works were loved when it’s creator was alive; some gets. Just keep on writing without a pause.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
Really great work they did. Many times we came up with suggestions Abhisar never said no. Thank you so much, I feel very happy to be part of the publication house.
So that was Jeeva M. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck and waiting for her upcoming projects.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.