- When did you discover your love for writing?
Incidents makes a huge difference ours or others, for me they became my discovery to writing.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
Like I said my writing is driven from the situations and incidents, and people and problem prevailing in the society inspires me to write.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and authors?
Yes, I enjoy reading novels and magazines. I really admire R.K.Narayanan’s novels. His way of explaining things, writing style is really fantastic. I love how he frame the society in his works so skilfully.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? I love writing articles and poems both are driven or the outcome of my preceving of the surrounding. I really get attached when I came to know about heart touching situation and then a spontaneity will outburst out of me.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. No, I have not participated in Open Mics and I believe it could be used a platform to recite the problems prevailing in the society.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
The theme attracts me more than anything. In that way I choose to write for the anthology.
How you come across “Voices From The Society” Anthology?
I came to know this through Swetha Kumari mam as we both met at an anthology named Buoyant Bliss.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
No plans for now.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
I am Teacher by profession and that’s the thing I enjoy apart from writing and some times I like painting pictures.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
Yes, Dear readers, please go through the ‘Voices from the Society’ book, all the short stories in the book are worth reading. You can find various issues in the book to connect with.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
It is a spontaneity. A writer pen’s should be so powerful that it compel him to write when he sees the things in that way.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
It is really wonderful experience working with publishing house.If they felicitate the contributing writers directly, it would be a great honour and the writers feel encouraged.
So that was Sangeetha Gorikapudi Sangeetha. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck and waiting for her upcoming projects.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.