- When did you discover your love for writing?
I was in class 10th when I began writing.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
Mostly my musings are driven by inner feelings, I really love to pen them down.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and authors?
Yes, I read alot. There’s no specific genre I prefer in reading.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? I prefer writing poems because I can express anything with few stanzas and I really enjoy how a creation can turn into to rhythmic form.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. Yes, I plan to be part of the open mic someday.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology? I look for the theme and if it is like my cup of tea then I go for it.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel or poetry book? I have no plans for now but in future definitely.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing? I really enjoy travelling and making doodle arts.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
Writing comes full fledged when you read a lot and sticking to one genre won’t make you explore other works. Try to read everything be it online or in paperback edition.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
My message to budding writers is write and don’t stop the flow of your ink.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
It has been an amazing experience. There were almost no instances for any complaints.
So that was Rutuparna Rout. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck for future.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.