- When did you discover your love for writing?
In the year 2015, when I started reading other people’s works and books I realised that I can too write, it was all hidden until then.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
There is nothing particular that inspires me to write. It can be any small thing and I get my idea of writing from there only.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and authors?
I love reading. As I said earlier that I started writing when I started reading. A good reader can be a great writer or it’s totally his choice whether he wants to be or no and for a writer to be great reading is must.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? Both short stories and poems. Sometimes I also pen down some random quotes which pop up on my mind.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. No, I didn’t participate in them yet. But I would love to as I see many people on YouTube and it looks so interesting to me.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
The one in which I think that I will be able to contribute something good to readers.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
No plans for now but I definitely want to write a novel someday.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
Apart from writing, I read a lot and dancing.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
Never thought how would I react if I came across any of my readers. Maybe just a Thanks for reading my work and then would ask them to give feedback to my work.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
I think I am myself is an aspiring writer but still, If I meet another then I would surely tell them to never stop. As this is such a great hobby/talent to portray your feelings through words. Keep writing!
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
Working with Inkquills is really a pleasant experience.
So that was Mausami Ganguli. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck for future.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.