- When did you discover your love for writing?
The passion and love towards writing bloomed in me when I was pursuing graduation.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
My mom is the driving force behind my writings. She is the one who always make me believe that have potential and capable of writing more and more.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and authors?
I like reading Shakespeare because I am impressed with his beautiful characterisation and of course the language and writing style.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? I write poems, short stories and novels too. But my pen loves to write more poems as they portray my feelings in beautiful verses.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. Its actually a great opportunity for the writers to tell a story on a open mic. Being a professor and soft skills trainer, I tell many stories to my students.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
Based on the theme I’ll choose them. If it kindles my interest I’ll start working on it.
How you come across “Voices From The Society” Anthology?
I received I received poster through a WhatsApp group.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
Of course yes. At present I’m writing a novel in Tamil. Soon after completing it planning to start a poetry book in English
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
Dancing and cooking.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
When you love reading books, you have a writer also hidden in you. When you appreciate a work or inspired by it, just give a try writing yours too.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
Don’t follow anyone. Have your own style of writing. Be open to criticism. Accept both positive and negative reviews and just move on in the direction where your heart takes you.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
Really excellent. Without much effort my work got published wonderfully. Tons of Thanks to InkQuills Publishing House.
So that was Sathiyapriya Suriyanarayanan. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck for the future.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.