- When did you discover your love for writing?
From childhood love to read the long paragraphs during my answer sheet so I feel why not I should have to try in my writing skills.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
I can get inspiration from almost anything and everything but yes social and political injustice and nature derives me the most.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and authors?
Yes, I absolutely love reading and I adore The Alchemist and The Guardian.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? I prefer to write poetry then prose because they come to me easily and naturally I can express myself in them.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. I like open mics and yes I have participated in my college open mic. Would love to try some more, in fact I’m planning to participate in them more and more.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology? Well according to me if the anthology is good and you see soul and potential in it, along with the gut feeling…then I go for it.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel or poetry book? I already have full length poetry book ready with me “Fragrance of the Freedom” it’s close to my heart and I’m currently looking for publishers for the same. About novel yes I would like to write them in a year or two.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing? I like reading and editing work, I write lyrics and photography is my hobby and adventure sports is my favourite pastime i.e when I have time and money both.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
I just want you all to give me reviews on how I can improve and what do you like about my work. I love you all, have a good life and try to help others.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
Well, I myself am an aspiring writer so I’ll say never give up on your dreams they’ll come around just keep up the hard work and who knows tomorrow you’ll be on a world tour of your book.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
I loved working with them! they are efficient and fast, very fast to be honest , in no time this anthology was published.
So that was Nafeesa Ghazal. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing her good luck for future.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.