- When did you discover your love for writing?
I discovered my love for writing in my childhood.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
My grandfather inspired me a lot in this regard, thereafter my father now is doing the same and moreover now I am self inspired to write from the everyday happenings around.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite books and your contribution too?
Yes, I love reading these days. Although, I was never an avid reader, this habit was instilled in me when I read the Shiva Trilogy of Amish Tripathi. A writer needs to read write in order to better his craft of writing.My major titles include Twenty Three: Collection of Short Stories, Potentially Divine Souls and Bouquet: A Collection Of Poems. Apart from these I am a part of numerous co-authored anthologies and have quite a few published research papers to my credit.
- What do you prefer writing – poetry/short stories/prose and why ? I personally prefer writing poetry and short stories over others because they do come naturally to me and I have been also receiving appreciations for the same which makes grounds for me to believe that, they are my forte.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic? Have you every participated in them. Yes, I have done in a few.
Now, I don’t have any high opinions of them.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
I prefer to go with the theme of the anthology if it incites me then I go for it.
How you come across “Voices From The Society” Anthology?
Sweta Kumari, the compiler and editor of the book dropped me a message and I showed my interest regarding the same.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
Yes. I’ve always wanted to write a full fledged work of my.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
Reading good works, watching films, singing, sitting all by myself listening to music & thanking Almighty for guiding me.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
Yes, I would like to say to all my readers please appreciate the hidden talents within you and never ever forget to love yourself even if you are feeling low and going through tough times, believe, the light is soon ahead.
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
No matter how well you write, you will not be able to make everyone happy with what you have written. So, always remember, some birds are too big to be caged in one sitting and never feel low of yourself for such unmindful things.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
It was fabulous, and I wish to collaborate on further projects.
So that was Bikramjit Sen . Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing him good luck in all his upcoming projects.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.