- When did you discover your love for writing?
During my teenage, I used to write blogs. Gradually I developed an interest in Poetry. I am just another introvert carrying a plethora of thoughts in my mind. As they say, every artist has its own way of reaching out to the world – A Painter, A Photographer or a Singer. I just thought to put my thoughts on paper and share it with the world through Poetry.
- What drives you to write or who inspires you?
Life! There’s so much that life has to offer. It’s just that you need to understand the language of nature.
- Do you like reading? If yes, please tell us about your favourite authors and books?
Yes Indeed. My favorite author is Paulo Coehlo. His writings bring solace to the ones who are exploring the mystery called life.
- Do you prefer writing poetry only or you write prose too?
Poetry is my forte. Although writing a novel is what I am longing for. May be some time in future I shall write it.
- Do you participate in open mic ? In case, you have already participated then please share your experience.
I haven’t participated in open mic yet. But instead of Open Mic my choice would be storytelling amongst a group of people gathered around camp fire may be.
- What’s your thoughts on storytelling platforms or open mic?
Storytelling is not just open mic. You can probably share your thoughts with your friends when you’re out for a walk or for a dinner. I feel storytelling should not be formal. Although age old storytelling techniques like stage dramas, plays and skit still stand out.
- Every month there are so many calls for the anthology, how you choose the anthology?
Firstly and most importantly I see if its genuine by doing some research. Theme plays an important part as well while choosing an Anthology.
- How you come across Album of Hearts Anthology?
I came across it on Facebook.
- Do you have any near plans for writing your full-length novel? Or tell us about your upcoming novel?
I have written a Poetry book in two parts that are available on Kindle (One Plus Nine: Celebrating Life and Rhythm for Soul). Currently, my thoughts are aligned towards the great Indian epic – Mahabharata. I want to sing the glory of great warriors of the Kurukshetra war through poetry. It’s tough though. Not sure how it will work out to be. But I am trying.
- Apart from writing, what other things you prefer doing?
Reading is my passion. More than writing I read books.
- Do you have any message for your readers?
There are millions of books, reach out for the best ones. The ones which you feel can bring a difference in your life. Believe me, it surely does!
- What’s your message to budding/ aspiring writers?
Keep your work genuine, simple though. The idea is to have a lasting impact on the reader.
- Lastly, how was your experience working with us?
I really thank Abhisar, Jivya and the entire team of InkQuills Publishing House for such a beautiful experience while having our work published in such a systematic manner. The entire process is really unique. Appreciate!
So that was Jitendra Hathiramani. Thank you for taking out time and interacting with us.
Wishing him good luck in all his future endeavors.
— Interviewed by Aditi Srivastava.